Monday, December 5, 2011

Lessons in life.

Dr Goh's lectures has always been interesting, unlike Mr. Kenneth's. Dr Goh taught us throughout the first-half of the semester, then Mr Kenneth took over. Somehow, I find it hard to grasp the materials taught in Mr Kenneth's class. Dr Goh's presentation style was simple and easy to understand. He made full use of his time and I've always learned something new in his lectures, every time, be it about life, studies, etc. His lectures are so near to perfect, he cracked up funny intelligent jokes flawlessly every time without fail. He is everyone's favorite lecturer. He is a natural teacher. He understands what we do and don't understand, and I think that is the key to a successful lecturer. I always looked forward to his lectures.

This past few weeks of lectures with Mr Kenneth has been boring. He goes through the slides so fast, there is no time for me to register information into my head. And the moment I understood what he was saying, he is way ahead already, and I would have missed another part of the lecture. Dang. Psychology has never been easy when it comes to understanding this and that, but once you are able to grasp it, suddenly everything becomes so crystal clear. Out of a sudden, you will find yourself so understanding, forgiving and such, because you are then able to see the reason behind every thought and behavior of human being. But also, you see some ugly truths that you do not want to accept, but those are facts of life. As hard as it is, you still have to find a way to accept them, no matter what.

No comments: